(1) Any applicant or licensee or person aggrieved shall have the right of
appeal from any adverse ruling or order or decision of the commission
to the circuit court of the county of residence of the applicant, licensee
or person, or of the First Judicial District of Hinds County, within thirty
(30) days from the service of notice of the action of the commission
upon the parties in interest.
(2) Notice of appeals shall be filed in the office of the clerk of the court
who shall issue a writ of certiorari directed to the commission
commanding it, within thirty (30) days after service thereof, to certify
to such court its entire record in the matter in which the appeal has been
taken. The appeal shall thereupon be heard in due course by said court,
without a jury, which shall review the record and make its
determination of the cause between the parties.
(3) Any order, rule or decision of the commission shall not take effect until
after the time for appeal to said court shall have expired. In the event
an appeal is taken by a defendant, such appeal may act, in the discretion
of the court, as a supersedeas and the court shall dispose of said appeal
and enter its decision promptly.
(4) Any person taking an appeal shall post a satisfactory bond in the
amount of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) for the payment of any
costs which may be adjudged against him.
(5) Actions taken by the commission in suspending a license when
required by Section 93-11-157 or 93-11-163 are not actions from which
an appeal may be taken under this section. Any appeal of a license
suspension that is required by Section 93-11-157 or 93-11-163 shall be
taken in accordance with the appeal procedure specified in Section 93-
11-157 or 93-11-163, as the case may be, rather than the procedure
specified in this section